This course, only three hours long, is held into a real Italian roasting company, just minutes away from the center of Florence.
During this course held in english we can see how to compare and evaluate the different coffees in beans and taste. We follow also how the coffee is produced, from the green beans to the roasting and degassing. Then we go in the couter side: we see how to prepare the espresso and we make our own cappuccino, with the latte art!
This course is available on request, just communicate us your availability.
This experience is three hours long, from 10am to 1pm or from 3pm to 6pm
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, Italy, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella, into the Mokaflor roasting company.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE
- Why coffee is an Italian matter? An history of steam, strong baristas and clients in hurry…
- Botany and plantations: arabica, robusta, different varietals and process.
- Blending and roasting. Visiting the roasting company and the laboratories.
- Perfect espresso technique: grinding and tamping.
- Coffee tasting: from the sweet taste of Mexican arabicas to the body of the Indonesian and the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo
- The latte macchiato, espresso macchiato, caffè latte and other Italian preparations.
- A perfect foam with no bubbles and the Italian cappuccino.
- The Latte art: a glance about how to make heart, leaves, dragoons and lions in your cappuccino…
Practice: Prepare your own espressos and cappuccinos!
The cost is 65€ including the books used during the course. The cost is instead 35€ for aged 14/18 and is free for younger coffee lovers!
Fields marked with * are mandatory