ADVANCED BARISTA COURSE
A full and intense Italian coffee course, two days full immersion in a Roasting company in the very heart of Florence. We visit the roasting plant, we compare and taste, with the trainers, different coffees and Italian blends. Then we approach the espresso preparation with professional parameters, we froth the milk for the classic cappuccino and we go deep into the latte art skill, we face the classic Italian preparations as Espresso macchiato and schekerato, then coffee grinding adjustment exercises. The course program is cut on the SCA certification exam.
Are you interested in Online courses?
June 24th, 2020 ONLINE
July 29 th, 2020 ONLINE
The coffee online courses are very easy to access, the courses are in English and hold by SCA certified trainers.
Very easy access to the barista online certified course.
No problem taking the course with your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
No problem interacting, questions and answers exactly like in the classroom!
Super-complete theoretical part, with sharing of the slides and graphics on the screen
All the practical demonstrations very easy to be followed in detail with the two cameras system.
Free call one-to-one with the trainers to evaluate together your project, your ide…
- Price from € 130 to € 79.90 and no travel and stay costs !!!
Manuals included in the price!
- Possibility of Barista skills online exam as soon as the association will allow the online exams
June 24th and 25th, 2020
July 29th and 30th, 2020
The course is two days long, both days from 10 am to 5.30pm.
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, Italy, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE – DAY ONE
- What is coffee, a bit of history and, knowledge of the different species : Arabica, robusta and other hybrids.
- The coffee process: picking, stripping, mild and dry method.
- Introduction to roasting and blending. Visit to a roasting plant.
- Tasting of a good and a bad espresso, tasting different arabicas and robustas, finding differences.
- The preparation of espresso , dosing, grinding and tamping.
- The Cappuccino in theory and in practice. Milk frothing: the SCAE standards, more or less frothy, more or less hot.
- The classic Italian preparations: latte macchiato, caffèlatte, espresso macchiato , shaked coffee etc.
- An introduction to the brewing world: V60, Aeropress and other methods…
- Knowledge and cleaning of the espresso machines. Descaling, backflushing, cleaning of the grinder.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE – DAY TWO
- What are the barista and latte art championships. Regulation and competitions.
- Introduction to professional coffee tasting: the SCAE evaluation boards, testing of several coffees in single origin, from Mexico Altura to Java to the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo.
- Practical test machine: find the right grinding degree and make a correct espresso.
- The latte art. Video, the “dry” technique and a lot of practice for the pouring of the rosetta, the heart, tulips,the new “rainbow cappuccino” and…
- From the world of the coffee cocktails to the new frontiers, from mocaccino to hot and icy very new proposals…
The cost is 230€ including the books used during the course.
ONE WEEK COFFEE ROUTE
This course is part of “One week coffee route” a complete journey in the world of coffee that includes days dedicated to barista skill, latte art, coffee shop management, roasting, professional tasting and brewing.
At the end of the advanced barista course is possible to book a SCA certification exam for coffee introduction and barista skills foundation and intermediate. Anyone wishing to take part in the certification exams is kindly requested to report it at the time of enrollment.
Fields marked with * are mandatory