COFFEE BREWING COURSE
A complete path that begins by explaining the differences between the various brewing methods and the different techniques. Then we start to practice and experiment, with the use of the refractometer, the basic concepts of brewing: ideal cup, turbolence, TDS, and so on. For each instrument many practical tests, also varying parameters such as grinding, temperature, paper or metal filters, and so on. All with a selection of different specialties and farm coffee …
Are you interested in Online courses?
June 29th, 2020 ONLINE
August 1st, 2020 ONLINE
The coffee brewing online courses are very easy to access, the courses are in English and hold by SCA certified trainers.
Very easy access to the filter coffee online course. You simply click the link we send you, and is done!
No problem taking the brewing coffee course with your mobile phone, tablet or computer. A leap into the future!
No problem interacting, questions and answers directly to the trainer exactly like in the classroom!
Super-complete theoretical part, with sharing of the slides and graphics on the screen with the trainer
All the practical demonstrations easy to be followed in details with the double camera system.
Free Conference call one-to-one with the trainers to evaluate together your project, your idea, your location…
- Price from € 150 to € 99.90 and no travel and stay costs !!!
Manuals included in the price sent at the end of the course!
- Possibility of Coffee Brewing SCA foundation exam online as soon as the association will allow the online exams
June 29th, 2020
August 1st, 2020
The course is one day long, from 10 am to 5.30pm.
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, Italy, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella, into the Mokaflor roasting company.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE
- Introduction to the new world of coffee brewing: brew ratio, timing of pour, turbulence,temperatures and other parameters.
- The best coffees for brewing
- The concept of TDS and the use of the refractometer.
- The various tools of brewing: Aeropress, V60, french press, Chemex, cold drip.
- Basic practice with these tools.
- Extractions aeropress and V60 with various coffee roasted for filter
- Modifying the grinding, brew ratio and temperature; evaluating how these parameter modify the organoleptic sensations in the cup.
The cost is 150€ including the books used during the course.
ONE WEEK COFFEE ROUTE
This course is part of “One week coffee route” a complete journey in the world of coffee that includes days dedicated to barista skill, latte art, coffee shop management, roasting, professional tasting and brewing.
At the end of this course is possible to book the SCA certifications for Brewing Foundation. Read about costs and rules in this page. If you need to book a Brewing Intermediate or Professional exam, let us know, we can organise it with our authorised trainers
Fields marked with * are mandatory