COFFEE TASTING AND CUPPING COURSE
Do you want to start knowing the coffee tasting and cupping world? Your project is to become a coffee sommelier? Are you aiming to a Q-grader career? Start by knowing how our sense organs recognize the sensations, how to use the tasting sheet and how to technically evaluate bitterness, acidity, body, aromas and fragrances and other sensations that coffee can give us…
- November 19th, 2018 . (fully booked)
- November 28th and 29th. Special course with preparation and certification exam Sensory Intermediate SCA. 440€ plus the Certification cost.
- January 11th, 2019
- February 26th, 2019
This course is one day long, from 10am to 5.30pm.
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, Italy, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella, into the Mokaflor roasting company.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE
- The aim of the coffee tasting. The organs of sense involved in coffee tasting: eyes, nose, mouth.
- What is, and how to use a coffee tasting sheet.
- Tasting Espresso, filter, brewing
- The phases of the coffee tasting: visual, olfactory, assessing, tactile and aftertaste.
- Acidity, bitterness, sweetness, mouthfeel and aromas:the use of professional terminology.
- What is it the cupping, the professional system of coffee tasting.
- Cupping of several coffees in single origine: from the robustas to the best washed arabicas…
- Tasting of several espresso in single origine and blended.
- A little competition of cupping?
The cost of the course is 150€ and includes the handbooks of the course
ONE WEEK COFFEE ROUTE
This course is part of “One week coffee route” a complete journey in the world of coffee that includes days dedicated to barista skill, latte art, coffee shop management, roasting, professional tasting and brewing.
After this course is possible to book the SCA certifications for Sensory Foundation. Read about costs and rules in this page.
If you need to book a Sensory Intermediate or Professional exam, let us know, we can organise it with our authorised trainers.
Fields marked with * are mandatory