COFFEE ROASTING AND BLENDING COURSE
A course designed to give the bases of the roasting and blending technique for the Italian espresso. We start from the knowledge of green coffee, then we evaluate how to choose the right roasting machine for home or professional uses. Then we examine the various stages and profiles of roasting and how they affect the characteristics of the roasted coffee. Then practical exercises with final cupping of the roasted beans.
Are you interested in Online courses?
June 30th, 2020 ONLINE
August 2nd, 2020 ONLINE
The coffee roasting online courses are very easy to access, the courses are in English and hold by SCA certified trainers.
Very easy access to the roasting and blending course. You simply click the link we send you, and is done!
No problem taking the course with your mobile phone, tablet or computer. A leap into the future!
No problem interacting, questions and answers directly to the trainer exactly like in the classroom!
Super-complete theoretical part, with sharing of the slides and graphics on the screen with the trainer
All the practical demonstrations very easy to be followed with the double camera system.
Free Conference call one-to-one with the trainers to evaluate together your project, your idea, your location…
- Price from € 150 to € 99.90 and no travel and stay costs !!!
Manuals included in the price sent at the end of the course!
- Possibility of Coffee roasting foundation SCA exam online. as soon as the association will allow the online exams
- June 30th, 2020
- August 2nd, 2020
The course is one day long, from 10 am to 5.30pm
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, Italy, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella, into the Mokaflor roasting company.
PROGRAM OF THE COURSE
- Characteristics, evaluation and defects of the green coffee with the SCAE parameters.
- Theory of roasting: different temperatures for different coffees, the roasting curves and profiles, methods of heat transfer, First Crack & Second Crack.
- The Italian coffee roasting. Practical exercises of roasting with the colorimetric system of evaluation.
- Tasting of a light and a dark roasted coffee.
- Blending: create our own blend starting from our taste or the taste of our clients. Tasting of good and a “not very good” coffees already sold in the market.
- Creating a first simple blend with two different single origine coffees.
The cost is 150€ including the books used during the course.
After this course is possible to book the SCA certifications for Roasting Foundation. Read about costs and rules in this page.
If you need to book a Roasting Intermediate or Professional exam, let us know, we can organise it with our authorised trainers.
Fields marked with * are mandatory