BASIC COFFEE COURSE
This basic course is held in Florence, Tuscany, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella. The course is long from 10 am to 5.30pm and the cost is 120€ including the books used during the course. The maximum number of participants is 6.
Next data are:
- Maj 20, 2013
- June 17, 2013
- July 12, 2013
If you need to stay overnight in Florence ask the list of the hotels affiliated with our school.
For more information and registration please fill out the form below or contact us at email@example.com
Program of the course
- History and geography of the coffee
- Botanic and knowledge of the coffee plant.
- Picking, stripping, mild and dry method.
- Blending and roasting
- Knowledge and maintenance of the espresso machine
- Perfect espresso technique. Grinding and tamping
- Coffee tasting: from the sweet taste of Mexican arabicas to the body of the Indonesian and the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo
- A perfect foam with no bubbles and the Italian cappuccino
- The latte macchiato, the espresso macchiato and the other Italian classic preparation.
To this basic course is possible to join a second day which examines the world of advanced espresso and barista competitions. This second day, which always takes place the day after the basic course, takes place from 10 am to about 17:30 and has a cost of € 80 for those who took part in the basic course and € 100 for those who want to participate only in the second day.
The program of the second day advanced is as follows:
- What are the barista and latte art championships: Rules and competitions.
- Introduction to coffee tasting. Tasting of some single origin coffee in order to understand the differences in flavor. Professional “cupping” taste experience.
- The latte art. Video, the "dry" technique and a lot of practice for the pouring of the leaf, the heart and the the Dragon.
- The world of coffee cocktails, the frappucino world and the new frontiers