The next courses are:
- March 28, 2017 Special edition into the mythical house and plants of Elektra espresso machines in Treviso (20 minutes from Venice!)
- April 19th, 2017
- May 10th, 2017
This basic course is held in Florence, Tuscany, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella. The course is long from 10 am to 5.30pm and the cost is 120€ including the books used during the course.
Program of the course:
- What is coffee, a bit of history and, knowledge of the different species : Arabica, robust and other hybrids.
- The coffee process: picking, stripping, mild and dry method.
- Introduction to roasting and blending. Visit to a roasting plant.
- Tasting of a good and a bad espresso, tasting different arabicas and robustas, finding differences.
- The preparation of espresso , dosing, grinding and tamping.
- The Cappuccino in theory and in practice. Milk frothing: the SCAE standards, more or less frothy, more or less hot.
- The classic Italian preparations: latte macchiato, caffèlatte, espresso macchiato , shaked coffee etc.
- An introduction to the brewing world: V60, Aeropress and other methods…
- Knowledge and cleaning of the espresso machines. Descaling, backflushing, cleaning of the grinder.
To this basic course is possible to join a second day which examines the world of advanced espresso and barista competitions. This second day, which always takes place the day after the basic course, takes place from 10 am to about 17:30 and has a cost of € 80 for those who took part in the basic course and € 100 for those who want to participate only in the second day.
The program of the second day advanced is as follows:
- What are the barista and latte art championships. Regulation and competitions.
- Introduction to professional coffee tasting: the SCAE evaluation boards, testing of several coffees in single origin, from Mexico Altura to Java to the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo.
- Practical test machine: find the right grinding degree and make a correct espresso.
- The latte art. Video, the “dry” technique and a lot of practice for the pouring of the rosetta, the heart, tulips and…
- From the world of the coffee cocktails to the new frontiers, from mocaccino to hot and icy very new proposals…
For more information and registration please fill out the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org