- March 17th, 2017
- April 22th, 2017
- May 14th, 2017
This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella. The course is from 10 am to 5.30pm. The cost is 130€ including the books used during the course.
The program of the course is:
- Characteristics, evaluation and defects of the green coffee with the SCAE parameters.
- Theory of roasting: different temperatures for different coffees, the roasting curves and profiles, methods of heat transfer, First Crack & Second Crack.
The Italian coffee roasting. Practical exercises of roasting with the colorimetric system of evaluation.
- Tasting of a light and a dark roasted coffee.
- Blending: create our own blend starting from our taste or the taste of our clients. Tasting of good and a “not very good” coffees already sold in the market.
- Creating a first simple blend with two different single origine coffees.
At the end of the course it is possible to book the SCAE exams certifications for barista skills and Roasting. You can find information on SCAE and its certification in this page. Those who wished to take part in the certification exams please report it at the time of enrollment.
For more information and registration please fill the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read here the opinions about this course on TripAdvisor.