This course is held in Florence, Tuscany, a few minutes of tram from the main train station of Santa Maria Novella. The course is two days long, both days from 10 am to 5.30pm. The cost is 200€ including the books used during the course. The maximum number of participants is 6.
Next data are:
- 17th and 18th of June 2013
- july 1/2 we will have a special course of tasting with a SCAE authorised trainer. see all the details here: DC & Demuslab coffee education_July 2013_eng
- 11 and 12th of July 2013
If you need to stay overnight in Florence ask the list of the hotels affiliated with our school. Our school is a partner of La Marzocco, one of the most famous manufacturers of coffee machines in the world. In our courses you can arrange a visit at the plant "La Marzocco" in Florence.
For more information and registration please fill out the form below or contact us at email@example.com
Program of the course.
- History and geography of the coffee
- Botanic and knowledge of the coffee plant.
- Picking, stripping, mild and dry method.
- Blending and approach to coffee roasting
- Knowledge and maintenance of the espresso machine
- Perfect espresso technique. Grinding and tamping
- Coffee tasting: from the sweet taste of Mexican arabicas to the body of the Indonesian and the spicy taste of the Ethiopian Sidamo
- A perfect foam with no bubbles and the Italian cappuccino
- The latte macchiato, the espresso macchiato and the other Italian classic preparation.
- What are the barista and latte art championships: Rules and competitions.
- Introduction to coffee tasting. Tasting of some single origin coffee in order to understand the differences in flavor. Professional “cupping” taste experience.
- The latte art. Video, the "dry" technique and a lot of practice for the pouring of the leaf, the heart and the the Dragon.
- The world of coffee cocktails, the frappucino world and the new frontiers
For more information